Our approach involved the bespoke design of a multi-stage water treatment plant that utilizes various active adsorptive ion exchange media. Effective design implementation has ensured the successful treatment of more than 650ML of PFAS-impacted water to date.
The project was unique for a multitude of reasons:
- The discharge criteria for the system required total PFAS removal down to <0.0002µg/L
- The systems flow rate was designed to achieve 21L/S and then subsequently upgraded to treat 38L/S
- The water treatment plant was required to treat from multiple sources with varying contamination levels for PFAS and other co-contaminants.
- Construction and commissioning of the water treatment plant were completed in less than 40-days from the contract award due to onsite operational requirements.
- After the first year of operation, the treatment plant was upgraded to treat elevated total suspended solids as the client required an additional feed source to be treated.